WELCOME TO TILEHURST PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE
Week Commencing 22 August 2016
Please note that due to annual leave the Parish Office will be open the following hours:
Mon 9.00 am – 12.00 pm Tues 9.00 am – 3.00 pm Wed 9.00 am – 12.00 pm Thurs 9.00 am – 12.00 pm Fri 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
Situated to the west of Reading, Tilehurst Parish extends from the A4 in the south to a few metres short of the A329 in the north. The Reading boundary forms the eastern border while its western border follows the line of the Sulham escarpment.
The present Tilehurst Parish was created on the extension of the Reading Borough boundary in 1919. Tilehurst Parish Council became responsible for the rural area of the old Tilehurst and, with the remainder being within the Reading Borough area, it became known as Tilehurst Without. It now serves a population of 15,500 and covers an area of 11 square miles.
The Council manages four recreation grounds and three village halls. The Parish’s Sports Centre and two further pieces of land are leased to West Berkshire District Council to meet Education and Social Service needs in the local area.
West Berkshire Neighbourhood Wardens
Due to the withdrawal of funding from West Berkshire Council, the Neighbourhood Wardens are no longer operating in the Tilehurst parish area.
West Berkshire Council no longer have an office at Sainsbury's, Calcot